Ryutaro Suzuki was born in Kamakura, Japan in 1990. After his high school years in Japan, he moved to France in 2008 to study at the Conservatory of Paris (CNSMDP-Conservatoire National Supérieur de Musique et de Danse de Paris) first in the class of Bruno RIGUTTO, then in the class of Hortense CARTIER-BRESSON from 2010. For his Master’s degree, he focused especially on Liszt’s paraphrase pieces from different operas and worked with Marta GRABOCZ (Université de Strasbourg) as his tutor. After obtaining his Master’s degree with the highest notes (le Prix du CNSMDP) at the Conservatory in May 2013, he succeeded in entering the third superior cycle of the Conservatory (Diplôme d’Artiste Interprète), thus allowing him to study with Michel BEROFF and Michel DALBERTO, simultaneously continuing to study with Hortense CARTIER-BRESSON. At the present time he is having further guidance from Eliso VIRSALADZE in Fiesole, Florence.
Ryutaro Suzuki received the following prizes:
- Two special prizes at 6th Tbilisi International Piano Competition, Georgia (2017)
- 2nd prize at the 20th Val Tidone International Music Competition, Italy (2017)
- 1st prize at the 17th International Piano Competition Ile-de-France, France (2015)
- 2nd prize at the 6th International Piano Competition in memory of Emil Gilels, Ukraine (2015)
- 2nd prize at the 9th Campillos International Piano Competition, Spain (2015)
- Maurice Ravel Prize at the Ravel International Academy, France (2014)
- Best interpretation of Spanish music at the 27th International Piano Competition Ciudad de Ferrol, Spain (2017 and 2013)
At the age of 9, he gave his first concerto performance as a soloist and his first solo recital at the age of 14, both in Japan.
He regularly plays throughout Europe including recitals at festivals such as Sommets Musicaux de Gstaad (Switzerland), Piano en Saintonge (France), Raveliades in Ciboure (France), Festival de Nohant (France) and Festival Chopin in Paris. He also performed as a soloist with orchestras namely the National Odessa Philharmonic Orchestra, Orchestra of the Conservatory of Paris and Louisiana Philharmonic Orchestra.
On October the 6th 2017, he has released his first album.
He currently lives in Paris.